This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team, working alongside FPC’s Advisory and Planning teams to deliver our financial planning proposition to both new and existing high net worth clients.
This varied role involves all aspects of our client service administrative process including new client onboarding, processing of new business and dealing with the transactions that flow from ongoing reviews. This is a client relationship role and requires close liaison with the planning team to respond to client queries in an efficient and responsive manner.
As a valued member of the FPC team, you will have access to a programme of continuous learning to expand your knowledge and skills and develop future career opportunities.
Your day to day activities will include the following:
- Ongoing administration of existing arrangements – pensions, investments and trusts
- Preparation of documentation and processing of new business, surrenders, withdrawals and fund switches across a range of tax wrappers.
- Client queries – assisting Planners and Advisers, gathering information, dealing with and directing enquiries as appropriate.
- Client information – recording and updating in back-office systems.
Office systems and administration – providing support with the firm’s standard operating systems.
- Liaise with 3rd party platform providers, developing procedures to ensure consistent usage
- Ensure that client portal valuations are accurate.
An Administrator should have the following skills and attributes: –
- Experienced platform administrator and confident in MS Office applications and ideally IRESS experience or similar.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Tactful, trustworthy, diplomatic and able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Able to undertake some repetitive work, while maintaining an eye for detail and a focus on accuracy.
- Comfortable working on own initiative, setting and managing personal goals, directing workflow and managing often conflicting deadlines.
- An understanding of the financial planning process and its administrative elements.
- Excellent technical knowledge in relation to the different tax wrappers within a typical client portfolio to include SIPPs, onshore and offshore investment bonds, ISAs and GIAs. SSAS experience would be an advantage.
- Strong awareness of the regulatory framework and its application to an independent Financial Planning firm
Certificate in Financial Services (ideally progressing towards Diploma – level 4)
Learning & Development (L&D)
FPC encourages all our staff to:
- Undertake a program of L&D using a combination of internal, external and self-directed resources and materials
- Complete a defined program of continuous professional development, aligned to the overall L&D plan
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: A competitive salary, bonus, pensions and life assurance package awaits the successful candidate
Hours: Permanent, full time with flexible working and full IT support
Holidays: 25 days
Location: Head office – Ainsdale, Nr Southport
If you think you’re suited to this exciting role, where no two days are the same, please contact:
John Phelan, Operations Director