This role is an opportunity to join one of the best financial planning teams in the UK and to work with interesting, engaged clients with complex needs.
Working directly in support of the firm’s Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and in close liaison with our administration team your role will be to design and help deliver financial planning and investment solutions for new and existing high net worth clients.
Under the direction of the SLT you will also be required to undertake research and project work to support ongoing business and proposition developments and to support the team to ensure that the implications of any in tax, legislation or product developments are thoroughly understood.
Depending on the candidates experience and specialisms there may also be a role to play in support of our Investment committee, ongoing third party due diligence and the development of reference materials and resources the whole team can call upon.
Delivery of the Client Proposition
For new and existing clients, proposition delivery includes the following activities:
- Analysis – full analysis of clients’ requirements, development of lifetime cash flow models, risk profiling and accurate recording of client data.
- Solutions – construction of financial planning solutions (investment, retirement, tax and estate planning) supported by the production of computer models and reports.
- Recommendations – preparation of letters and reports following through to implementation taking full responsibility for the management of the client’s planning file and maintenance of back office IT records throughout the advice process.
- Reviews – preparation of client reviews, updating cash flow models, investment performance reviews and production of supporting reports, discussion documents and presentations. computer models.
- Relationship Building – liaison with clients by telephone, letter, email and attending meetings as required.
- Coordination – working with administrative staff to provide clear and accurate planning instructions in relation to new business, fund switches, surrenders, withdrawals, assignments and transfers; ensuring compliance its regulatory disclosure requirements and ensuing the client and their adviser are regularly updated throughout the process.
- Professional Partners – working with other professional advisers e.g. solicitors and accountants to implement an agreed action plan.
Research and development
- Adhoc project work including platform research in support of PROD and other regulatory governance in relation to suppliers and third party resource providers such as Finametrica and Voyant.
- Investment Research – as directed by the Investment Director – collate macro-economic and financial market research and review current fund performance making it available for the IC and FPC Advisers and Planners and generally support the work of the IC as required.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes: –
- Ability to analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative data with a view to identifying patterns, problem solving, presenting data and working with others to reach conclusions.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present solutions to Planners and Advisers, clients and Administrators.
- Tactful, trustworthy, diplomatic and able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Possess a high level of IT competency including the ability to effectively use a variety of software (e.g. Financial Express Analytics and other investment analysis tools).
- Advanced EXCEL skills
- Experience of lifetime cash flow modelling ideally using VOYANT
- Be comfortable working on own initiative, setting and managing personal goals, directing workflow and managing often conflicting deadlines.
- A thorough understanding of the financial planning process
- Excellent technical knowledge in relation to personal financial planning and investment management issues
- Strong awareness of the regulatory framework. The latter’s application to an independent advisory firm is also essential.
Evidence of a commitment to continued study is essential and the candidate should have achieved or be working towards Chartered status and be able to demonstrate the practical application of their technical knowledge.
Learning and Development (L&D)
FPC encourages all our staff to:
- Undertake a program of L&D, using a mixture of internal, external and self-directed resources and materials, in accordance with a defined and agreed plan to achieve Chartered status where not gained and develop other specialist areas in support of career and business development.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: A competitive salary, bonus, pensions and life assurance package awaits the successful candidate
Hours: Permanent, full time with flexible working and full IT support
Holidays: 25 days
Location: Head office – Ainsdale, Southport
If you think you’re suited to this exciting new role, please contact:
John Phelan, Operations Director