FPC is currently expanding our advisory team with the addition of two highly qualified and experienced advisers. These new roles provide the opportunity to work directly with our Partners so the ideal candidates will be keen to make the most of this opportunity.
Purpose of the role:
To provide independent financial planning and investment management advice to new and existing clients of the firm, while at all times upholding the principles of the firm.
Advising private clients
- Deliver the firm’s private client proposition, while adhering to the FCA rules as interpreted in the firm’s compliance procedures. Review existing clients circumstances in accordance with the firm’s Review Schedule and help clients with any issues that arise on an ongoing basis.
- Assist, as directed from time to time by the Management Team, with the development and maintenance of appropriate business relationships with product providers, fund managers and professional introducers.
- Agree a business development plan to take account of personal and firm-wide goals and key performance indicators.
- Execute said plan by partnering with accountants and lawyers and working with them to promote the firm and ultimately acquire leads, bringing any existing clients (where there is a good fit and no other barriers) across to the firm and working with the firm’s existing clients to acquire referrals.
- Ensure competence is attained within the prescribed timescale by undertaking the training programme and additional developmental activities as required by the firm, and then maintaining competence by delivering on an agreed personal development plan.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to listen, empathise and build trust with confident private clients who are frequently successful in their field of endeavour.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and a strong command of the English language.
- Able to analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative data with a view to diagnosing a challenge or opportunity and creating a suitable strategy for the client.
- Presenting solutions to clients and technical subjects to fellow professionals.
- Marketing and selling the firm’s proposition to prospective clients of the firm.
- Tactful, trustworthy, diplomatic and able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to effectively use a variety of software (ie MS Office, Iress – 1st Software, Voyant, Financial Express Analytics, Finametrica etc…).
- Comfortable working on own initiative, setting and managing personal goals, directing workflow and managing often conflicting deadlines.
- Degree educated, or similar professional qualification.
- Chartered and/or Certified (or close to) and able to demonstrate practical application of technical knowledge.
- Current Statement of Professional Standing (SPS) and up to date CPD.
- Strong awareness of regulatory regime and application to an independent advisory firm.
- Familiar with the CFP six step financial planning process and a good general knowledge of the financial planning and investment market and the ability to keep up to date with changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Ideally 5 years minimum experience working with high net worth (£750k to £5m investable assets) UK resident private clients, delivering comprehensive financial planning and investment management services, with a demonstrable track record for client retention and satisfaction.
- Sound understanding of the primary challenges and opportunities typically facing either owner/managers or senior level professionals and the practical application of sound private client financial planning and investment management principles to address these issues.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary: Basic salary of £56,000 to £84,000 per annum (depending on the candidate) plus incentive pay to a maximum of 50% of basic salary, linked to the achievement of agreed goals and paid-annually.
Holiday: 26 days
Location: Flexible (with the firm’s main offices as a base, you could work from home or we can provide a serviced office location).
Think you’ve got what it takes to join the team?
Please call or email Bernice Blundell ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) for an initial chat in the first instance.
The recruitment process will include an initial meeting, a series of tests and a final meeting with the Partners.