The team at FPC is celebrating its latest award success after winning the Professional Services Business of the Year category at the Merseyside Independent Business Awards.
Founded by Morecrofts Solicitors in 2013, the Merseyside Independent Business Awards were designed as a platform to celebrate the positive social and economic impact that our independent businesses, their owners and those who support them have on the city region.
FPC was one of 57 shortlisted companies competing for this year’s awards which included retailers, manufacturers, hospitality businesses, creative agencies, plus construction, pharmaceutical and arts organisations.
The winners were revealed to over 500 guests at a packed awards ceremony at the Rum Warehouse at the Titanic Hotel in Liverpool following a two-year break due to the Covid pandemic. This year’s event celebrated the achievements and resilience of the Liverpool city region’s independent businesses during a period of unprecedented turmoil.
Alison Lobb, Managing Partner of Morecrofts Solicitors commented: “It has been an enormous pleasure to be back in this room with so many inspiring, ambitious businesses and hear about their successes. There is always such a positive energy when independent owners and their teams come together, celebrating each others achievements, and even finding new collaboration projects. Despite the many external factors that are troubling businesses right now, that spirit of ambition and innovation continues to drive them forward.”
Managing Partner of FPC, Moira O’Shaughnessy comments: “We are delighted to have been named Professional Services Business of the Year in our 40th year! I am so proud and privileged to lead this incredible team who are all responsible for this amazing achievement. We are proud to have retained our independence and private ownership and we remain committed to both going forward.”
We would like to congratulate all the other deserving winners too:
- Trades or Manufacturing Business of the Year – Eco-gee
- Retailer of the Year – Purple Carrot
- Bar of the Year – Future Yard CIC
- Best Start Up – Skywriters
- Restaurant of the Year – Duke Street Food & Drink Market (Highly Commended – Pierre Griffe’s Café Bar & Bistro)
- Culture & Tourism – Future Yard CIC
- Best Creative Business – Merseymade
- Award for Community Impact – dot-art
- Health & Wellbeing – Evolving Mindset
- Employer of the Year – Caring Connections
- Digital & Technology – Flare Safety
- Businessperson of the Year – Natalie Kenny, BioGrad
- Merseyside Independent Business of the Year – Caring Connections
This latest success follows hot on the heels of FPC being named Constituency Responsible Business Champion and being shortlisted as one of eight companies for a national award.